501 Quilt Blocks (Better Homes and Gardens)
A Treasury of Patterns for Patchwork & Appliqué
Publisher: Murdoch Books
Publication Date: 1995
Truly a treasury of patterns for patchwork and appliqué. Better Homes and Gardens 501 QUILT BLOCKS offers you infinite variety, as well as 40 wonderful step-by-step projects for using your blocks, in the form of wearables, personal accessories, home and seasonal decoration, and, of course, quilts, quilts and more quilts.
Better Homes and Gardens 501 QUILT BLOCKS is a treasure trove of block patters, each shown in full color and accompanied by a full-size pattern, with 40 wonderful projects that show you how to use them. To sample just a few of these inspiring projects, see
- The Baltimore Album Wall Quilt (page 7). A showpiece of appliqué skills.
- The Magic Carpet Quilt (page14). A dark print background for 144 four-inch blocks creates a magical effect.
- The Very Victorian Wall Hanging (page 20). Buttons, laces, tatting, handkerchiefs, and buckles along with liberty fabric pieces in four-inch spool blocks make a unique decoration.
- The Welcome Springtime Mantle/Shelf Quilt (page 23). Just a few quilt blocks bring the freshness of a new season to your home.
- Ranch Dressing (page 28). Go Western-style and have fun with quilt-block apparel.
- Kitchen Ware (page 37). From hotpads to tea cozies, the well-dressed kitchen wears four-inch quilt blocks in your colors.
- Pieceful Christmas (page 47). Designed to inspire your own Christmas piecing, Christmas quilt blocks are as much fun to make as to receive.
With complete step-by-step instructions from cutting to construction and finishing, and tips and techniques to ease your way, this book shows you why it’s fun and worthwhile to make four-inch quilt blocks and make each one different. You’ll find many options, too: projects using one. Block, two blocks, or two hundred blocks. Of course, you may know exactly what you want to do with your quilt blocks, but if you need inspiration, you’ll find it among these projects.
*All my books are in pre-loved condition and may have signs of age. Some pre-loved books may have writing or creases to pages. I always do my best to ensure the pricing of the book is relative to its condition. All photos provided are of the actual product(s) you will receive. Photographs are taken under bright LED lighting to show items as accurately as possible, though some glare may show up on reflective covers/items. If you are concerned about the potential condition of a pre-loved book please send me a message BEFORE purchasing. Thank you and happy reading.
FREE postage Australia wide for orders over $25.